Enjoying the colors and scents of early fall while relaxing in their own backyard is a privilege not many people have. What these people also do not have is a lot of outdoor work as well. However, as a seasoned homeowner, we know you are more than willing to spend as much. Time as possible tending to your lush lawn and gorgeous landscape. If you are already thinking about the tasks and activities you need to implement. Starting right now, we are here to help! Our lawn maintenance Austin TX. Specialists have come up with a detailed 11-steps plan to keep you on track with the early fall lawn and landscape care.
- Overall Assessment: Take a walk on your property and note down all the things you need to fix, care for. Pay attention to, and do in the next few weeks. Call your local lawn maintenance Austin TX specialists for a professional inspection, compare conclusions, and design a plan.
- Soil Test: Check your soil’s pH, drainage, and fertilization needs and act accordingly.
- Aeration: De-compact the soil and allow it to absorb water, nutrients, light, oxygen, and warmth.
- Overseeding: Fix the brown, dry, and dead patches of turf on your lawn and mix the crops for better resilience against pests and diseases. Make sure your dense new turf is properly watered and safe from foot traffic in the post-overseeding weeks.
- Mowing: Depending on the types of turf you grow, talk to your local lawn maintenance Austin TX team about raising the mower blades. Bermuda, St. Augustine and zoysia grasses do better if they are tall. Taller grasses also have better access to light and heat, thus growing stronger.
- Irrigation: Make sure you follow your local watering regulations, if any, and start watering your entire landscape. Pay more attention to evergreens, as they need more irrigation in September and October.
- Fertilization and Weed Control: Pre-emergence weed control and fertilization are mandatory this time of year. Have your local lawn maintenance Austin TX pros devise a health plan for your property to keep weeds at bay.
- Mulching: Do not skip mulching on your list of priorities. Turn the older layer and add a fresh one to keep your trees, flower beds, pots, vegetable rows, and so on well-nourished, protected against heat, pests, and weeds. You can also have a chat with your lawn maintenance team about inorganic decorative mulch and other ground covers.
- Trimming Trim, prune, and beautify your shrubs, trees, bushes, and hedges. Your lawn maintenance Austin TX pros will make everything look neat, clean, sharp and gorgeous.
- Pest Control: Pests are always an issue in these parts, so make sure you have a pest control plan ready to implement. Make sure pests stay away from your vegetation and also your hardscape and outdoor buildings. Bugs and pests will forever try to break your defenses, so make sure pest control treatments are up and running.
- Cleaning and Ordering: One of the best ways to keep pests, diseases, and weeds far from your beautiful landscape is to make them feel unwelcome. Blow the fallen leaves, collect dead leaves and vegetal debris, store everything in dry and well-closed storage rooms,
Ask your lawn maintenance Austin TX pros for more advice on early fall preparations and enjoy your gorgeous landscape all season long!